Friday, November 28, 2008

Creating a Website

You might think that making a website would be much more difficult than a blog. While websites can be as simple or complex as you would like to make them, getting your first website published isn't as difficult as you might think. The first step is to find somewhere to host your site. Many school districts and Internet Service Providers provide web hosting services at little or no cost. I published my first website five years ago using TeacherWeb. For a modest yearly fee, all I had to do was type in my text and my website was launched. Through TeacherWeb, members are now able to easily write and publish WebQuests. While I have now moved on to a website I created using DreamWeaver, that TeacherWeb site got me started.

Update, 7/28/10: There are lots more Web site creation tools available now. You might consider:
  • Weebly: Free hosting, attractive templates, very user friendly.
  • Googlesites: Allows for multiple administrators; very handy if you are creating the site with a colleague.

No comments: